Monday, August 15, 2011

Porch Sit

I'm sitting on my parents front porch in Spring City, Ut. The dogs Daisy and Riggin (left to right) are laying on the cool cement and taking the occasional sprawl in the warm grass. 


The sun is shining and the leaves of the cottonwood trees are flitting in the breeze. The calendulas are in full bloom along with the echinacea and yarrow.  I can smell the warm grass and cool, freshly watered soil in the flower bed.  I can hear the birds chirping in the fruit trees and the sound of the leaves pitter-patter as the breeze passes through. It's so peaceful sitting with my feet propped up on a log getting kissed by the sun while I enjoy the cool shade the porch offers. 



You never know what a porch sit will bring, who will drop by to join you, what crazy changes the weather has in store, or where your thoughts and imagination will take you. 

Tell me about your porch sit experience(s).


4 comments:

  1. I usually eat my dinner on the porch. It is too hot to eat it in my house ha! I love your blog! I am excited you have one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that! What a great idea! I just love porches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those puppies are too cute. I miss grass....if I had grass I would porch sit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leaca! I wish you had grass too- and no mosquitos! Those little peskies can really ruin a good porch sit!

    ReplyDelete