Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

I woke up this morning nervous and scared of what the recovery would be like after having my wisdom teeth dug out from the depths of my oral cavity, so I went on a run with my mom to keep my mind off the surgery and my nerves under control. I've been told by multiple people "oh, it's not that bad..." Oh it is that bad! I didn't get put to sleep and I wish I would have! I saw everything, heard everything, smelled everything, and felt... enough. I remember every tug, yank, drill squeal, and suture. Despite the nitrous oxide and the pain medication, I am suffering!
I'm now drooling constantly, can hardly talk, and have the notorious chipmunk cheeks. I'm sorry for all of you who have to go through this! The one piece of advice I have is get put under- or you'll wish you had!



2 comments:

  1. No fun! I hope you are feeling better now that school has started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling better, I still get sore after a long day and I'm still drinking my food, but it's getting better!

    ReplyDelete