Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love in the new Year!




"Love is a perfume you cannot pour onto others without getting a few drops on yourself"
-Emerson

This year I need a focus. I need something to always keep in the back of mind that prevents me from getting frustrated and down on myself. I read this quote and found my answer; I need to love others, find a place in my heart for all of God's children and let go of my narcissism. I get so caught up on how I can make myself look better, or be better, that if I were to look outside myself and find ways to reach out to my friends and family and, if the opportunity arises a stranger, I would be being better.
This year I pray that I can pour the perfume of love on those around me. There is always a reason to love someone, I want to be able to see that in others!

2 comments: