Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pay it Forward Project (Part 1)

I was inspired by several friends through social media to do kind acts of service.
In addition, I could not stop thinking of the outpouring of kindness the community members had shown me and my family recently; I have had to buy few groceries thanks to the shared abundance of garden goodies from friends and neighbors; and when our baby was born I had meals for a week after only being in town a couple of weeks.
I was shown so much love from total strangers and I wanted to spread the love. 
I really had to think to figure out how I could help others and with a little help and inspiration from my dear Aunt Leaca, I decided I was going to go for it.
I decided I would do 5 free photo sessions.

I had to build a logo, reread much of my software manuals, and dust of my tripod.

I'm here to report and share some favorites from the first shoot.

This dear family heard my prayers the first Sunday in town. I was eight months pregnant and after spending the previous three days moving and traveling I was in dire need of a shower. The bathroom in the house we were moving into wasn't quite finished and so I said a little prayer that we would be able to find a place to shower.
We met at church and my prayers were answered and I couldn't have been more grateful!
Wrangling these wild and adorable girls is a full time job! I loved photographing them!



These are a few of my favorites. I had so much fun. The light was beautiful and colors were awesome and the family was awesome and so much fun!

5 comments:

  1. These turned out so cute. Love those little girls....adorable. Love the watermark too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leaca! That means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  2. You did an amazing job, Tenika!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Way to pay it forward you are such a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete